Saturday, 25 February 2012

Oak Door Finished.

As promised, some finished pictures....


The clients were over the moon, I was just glad it fitted..


From the inside.


A closer view.

This was relatively easy to fit, but the cheese like bricks made getting the old frame out a long process. All in all it took about 1 1/2 hrs to get the frame out, it had to come out in pieces of about 6" long, because I didn't know where the owlets were, and just had to take it steady. The thought of losing one of the face bricks didn't bare thinking about.

I have a couple of Edwardian inspired alcove units to fit on Monday/Tuesday, so will update with some fitting pics, and some finished shots then. Thanks for looking.



3 comments:

  1. Very nice. I have been thinking about making an exterior door for my home. Did you have any concerns about water getting in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff, I do have concerns, but its had several coats of finish, and the home owner understands that the finish will need careful attention once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Nice work.just the right style for that entry.

    ReplyDelete