Cut the top to length.
I decided on showing all the faults to the top, and will deal with them in due course. I thought I would give the ends a bit of a rounded appearance, sort of like a gothic arch.
As you can see some of the splits are quite bad.
Now onto the base, I'm going for a kind of retro 60s/70s look, so have sloped the legs in from both aspects.
As you can see from the photo above, I didn't have quite enough brown oak for the long rails, so these will either be stained to match or will be fumed with Ammonia.
There is a good chance that these will never be seen under the top, as I have set them in a bit.
Thats as far as I've got today, still need to ease all the edges to give a more rounded feel to the table, and I hope to update tomorrow. Thanks for looking.