Thursday, 21 July 2011

Ash bedroom finished

Just finished the last piece for the ash bedroom suite, here's a few pictures of the desk in the workshop.





There is an optical illusion with the second drawer, the grain makes the drawer front appear tapered.


I've used the Bocote(mexican rosewood) again for this.


 All done and in situ.


Finally got round to getting a picture of the window seat I made a couple of weeks ago.


The whole lot together, including the little bookshelves.


Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. I love that middle drawer! I hate when you've got a peice of wood that throws your eye out and you have to prove to people it's right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks lovely, Mark. The handles are particularly nice.

    Cheers ;-)

    Paul Chapman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic. I too like the knobs. I also like the way the grain on the drawer faces flow across the front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, the drawer front made me re-measure a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete